Expand your customer payment options. Adding the convenience of taking Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards makes sense in today’s electronic age. People’s Bank looks forward to providing you with a Free custom cost analysis to evaluate the benefits merchant services can bring to your business. If you have a current provider, we invite you to come talk to us so we can show you just how competitive People’s Bank fees really are.
With People’s Banks Automated Clearing House (ACH) Origination services you can take care of business electronically and significantly save your business time and money. You’ll spend less time processing invoices and payments received and have more time to focus on growing your business!
- Make payroll direct deposits to individual checking or savings accounts at various financial institutions
- Make payments - including transmission of vendor payments
- Receivables and recurring payments can be collected from your customers
- Create dual control for added security (one employee initiates ACH/another employee approves)
- Be better prepared to forecast cash flow
- Reduce exposure to fraud due to lost or stolen checks
Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) is safe, secure, and simple. RDC utilizes a desktop scanner that connects to your PC and the Internet. With it, you can scan checks received from customers and make deposits electronically to your People's Bank accounts, anytime day or night. It's the quickest way to turn check deposits into cash.
- Save time preparing deposits: Preparing deposits electronically is very efficient, reducing labor costs and freeing up staff for other tasks.
- Streamline cash flow: Deposit checks into a central corporate account regardless of remote office or storefront locations.
- Reduce risk of check fraud: Faster check clearing may allow you to act sooner on returned checks, increasing collection opportunities.
Is Merchant Capture for you?
- Have multiple locations?
- Make deposits?
- Get faster funds availability - With electronic deposits, checks can be deposited into your account sooner, so your money is working smarter for you.
- Make deposits anytime - Enjoy the convenience of making deposits electronically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even weekends.
- Save time preparing deposits - Preparing deposits electronically is very efficient, reducing labor costs and freeing up staff for other tasks.
- Save time and money - Electronic deposits can reduce trips to the bank and eliminate costly courier fees.
- Streamline your cash flow - Check deposits can easily be made from any remote office or storefront. This makes it easy to consolidate deposits from multiple locations into a single bank.
- Reduce risk of check fraud - Faster check clearing may allow you to act sooner on returned checks, increasing your opportunities for collection.
- Work more securely - Multiple layers of security include password protection, Internet firewalls, and 128-bit encryption - the highest level of security commercially available.
What you will need.
Merchant Capture is easy to set up and use. All you need is:
- A PC with an open USB 2.0 port and a current version of VIsta (32 bit or 64 bit) Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit), or Windows 8 and Internet Explorer® 9 or newer.
- A properly installed desktop check scanner.
- An Internet connection.
- An account with People's Bank of Commerce.
How does Merchant Capture work?
- Scan checks from a Web-connected computer - Using a desktop check scanner, simply scan both sides of the checks in a single pass.
- Prepare the deposit - View images of the scanned checks right on your PC. The dollar amounts for the checks are automatically read, and the deposit is totaled.
- Electronically send the deposit to the bank - After you save the deposit, go to the Pending Items tab and click the deposit's submit link. The deposit is sent to the bank through a secure Internet connection. Funds are deposited into your account - Funds may be available sooner than traditional deposits.
A scalable, next-generation solution, Wire Origination expedites wire transfers for your organization by providing a quick and secure method for moving funds between banking accounts.
Here is an overview of how Wire Origination can be a powerful business banking tool right at your fingertips:
Wire transfers are growing in volume, especially among businesses who rely on the same-day availability of transferred funds. A browser-based solution, Wire Origination simplifies wire processing, so you can complete transfers more quickly and easily than ever.
Predefined templates greatly enhance the experience, and an automated workflow guides requests through processing and approvals. Each transfer file is validated to meet Federal Reserve standards. For enhanced security, you can limit the number and dollar amount of wires originated as well as the users.
When duel control transfers are submitted through Wire Origination in our online banking, the transaction is automatically sent to the Federal Reserve, eliminating any other transfer processing. This allows you to view the real-time status of wires online immediately after they’re submitted.
- Convenient email notification: If requested, a wire confirmation can be provided by email.
- Automated processing: An automated workflow and streamlined approval process replace tedious, inefficient and time-consuming tasks, so your staff can manage wire transfers in less time.
- Built-in security controls: To enhance risk management, Wire Origination enables your organization to set limits governing the number and dollar amount of transactions originated.
- Real-time reporting: Wire Origination offers online access to real-time wire status information and extended transfer history.
- Safe and secure
Maximize your earnings with a sweep account! This account will pull funds from your designated account, or line of credit on an as needed basis. This leaves your funds in your interest bearing account until they are actually needed to cover expenses, increasing your interest earnings. If your funds are coming from a line of credit, your sweep account will help to reduce finance charges. Your People’s Bank account officer will help you set-up your sweep accounts to best fit your situation.