Location: Medford, Oregon
Post Date: September 16, 2020
The Underwriter performs a variety of duties to ensure the efficient processing, underwriting, closing, and onboarding of Steelhead Finance business clients. Underwriters work closely with the Business Development Consultants to maximize client acquisition. This position requires excellent customer service skills, accuracy in product output, and the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure prospective clients are underwritten in compliance with company policy and applicable laws and regulations.
- Obtain necessary reporting and documentation to perform a thorough review and analysis of applicants.
- Identify high risk and out of compliance scenarios, effectively communicate areas of concern to the department supervisor, and clearly document those issues and outcomes.
- Create and evaluate client documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain accurate records and status tracking.
- Provide courteous and professional communication, both internally and externally.
- Maintain neatness and thoroughness in performance of assigned duties.
- Attend department and staff meetings as requested.
- Provides support to other departments as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve results according to department priority.
- Strong analysis, organizational, and time management skills.
- Work within and foster a team environment, while effectively managing own workload.
- Excellent oral, written and telephone communication skills.
Contact from interested candidates only, please. No contact from recruiter, agencies or consultants. Forward resumes to email@example.com. People’s Bank of Commerce is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V