Location: Medford, OR - Biddle Branch
Post Date: February 26, 2020
This position will perform daily accounting activities such as reconciling, data entry, budgeting, financial reports and internal controls. The employee will assist the Controller with financial reporting and audit as well as management and regulatory reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate certifications for financial related accounts assigned.
- Utilize accounting related software, including but not limited to: Accounts Payable and Concur.
- Assist with accounts payable processing, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Assist with processing monthly journal entries for prepaids, accruals, and other related items.
- Support Controller with coordination and completion of assigned projects.
- Produces ad hoc reports from database software as required.
- Complete monthly reports and assigned internal audits in a timely manner.
- Document and maintain procedures.
- Adhere to the Bank’s policies and procedures to ensure bank compliance in your area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibilities.
- 1 -2 years’ experience in Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs.
- Experience with financial analysis.
- Understanding of entry level accounting.
- Familiarity with the functionality and operation of all software programs and peripherals.
- Understanding of the general ledger and the debit/credit relationship of accounting.
- Knowledge of business format for typed documents and bank reports.
- Understanding the flow and format of financial statements.
- Satisfactory communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Satisfactory interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport with people.
- Ability to work within and foster a team environment.
- Ability to look and project a professional image.
Contact from interested candidates only, please. No contact from recruiter, agencies or consultants. Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. People’s Bank of Commerce is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V