Post Date: May 16, 2018
Responsible for the supervision and support of the operations and sales staff of the home lending division. Plans, organizes and directs the production activities of the department including regulatory and investor compliance in pursuit of both department and corporate goals. This position requires superior, proven leadership, strong sales ability and excellent interpersonal skills in order to promote teamwork, sales and superior quality service throughout the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the Bank’s Service Excellence Standards and Quality Excellence Standards.
- Ensures Real Estate Mortgages are closed in compliance with Federal Law, State Law, People’s Bank Policy and Investor Guidelines.
- Initiates and monitors training and education programs for department staff.
- Supports the departments quality standards regarding HMDA and compliance data entry and review.
- Supports the Real Estate Sales Staff and Operations Staff with prompt and courteous responses to facilitate the efficient and timely closing of home loans.
- Coordinates development of short and long range goals and objectives for the department.
- Underwrites residential real estate loans as needed according to the standards set forth by investors and regulators.
- Supervises activities of department staff and conducts or initiates staff performance evaluations.
- Perform specific special tasks/projects as assigned and is willing to assume new and challenging assignments.
Location: Medford, OR - Biddle Branch
Post Date: July 20, 2018
The Mortgage Support position performs a variety of duties that assure the efficient processing, underwriting, closing, sale and follow-up of residential mortgage loans. Minimize the customer’s application to closing time by efficiently acquiring all required information and documents to process the mortgage loan as quickly as possible. This position requires superior, professional customer service consistently be delivered to internal mortgage lending and banking staff and outside customers including insurance companies, title companies and investors.
- Ensures Real Estate Mortgages are closed in compliance with Federal Law, State Law, People’s Bank Policy, Investor Guidelines and TRID.
- Provides excellent internal and external communication and customer service; representing the Bank and the Mortgage Department in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Responsible for processing loans from set-up to closing. Substantiate and verify the integrity of loan documentation including income and financial documentation, credit reports, appraisals, tax returns, title documents, sales, contracts, flood certifications, etc.
- Inputs and submits loans accurately and according to agency/investor requirements.
- Submit loan application files to underwriting for approval. Creates and mails approval or denial letters to applicants.
- Supports the department’s quality standards regarding HMDA and compliance data entry and review.
- Provides support to other departments as required.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years Mortgage Loan Processing experience preferred.
- Experience processing Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, ODVA and Jumbo loans.
- Accounting and Clerical background is desired.
- Knowledge of computer processes including word processing software and Encompass software experience preferred.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of operating systems and stand-alone programs.
- High School diploma.
- Good oral, written and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with team members and on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, accurately and with established timeframes.
Non-Exempt - Full Time (40 hours a week)
Location: Ashland, OR - Ashland Branch
Post Date: August 2, 2018
Performs excellent customer service by providing a broad variety of services including opening new accounts, servicing existing accounts, consumer loans and teller transactions. Promotes all bank products through cross selling and actively supports the development of customer relationships. Contributes to the efficient and effective operations of the Branch while upholding the bank’s core values, core competencies and customer service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, courteous and professional communication support, including responding to incoming telephone calls, electronic mail and voice mail.
- Open new accounts plus cross sell other products and services to meet the customer’s needs.
- Handles all monetary transactions for customers, (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, misc.)
- Meet Company “Teller Balancing Requirements” to assure accurate cash handling in the service to our customers and minimize time and effort to locate outages.
- Provide products and services education, assistance, research, support, and problem resolution in a timely manner to customers and employees.
- Adhere to the Bank’s CIP, BSA and related security procedures plus all State and Federal regulations to ensure bank compliance in your area of responsibility.
- Uses active listening skills to determine customer needs to sell and cross-sell bank services in the branch and local community by developing rapport with people to establish strong customer relationships.
- Interviews potential consumers, makes quality loan recommendations or loan decisions based on lending authority, prepare all loan documentation and loan follow-up.
- Consistently make productive use of your time, ask for additional assignments or assist others.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of financial products and services with a minimum of one-year experience in new accounts, consumer loans and teller areas
- Demonstrated knowledge in consumer lending a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport with people and establish strong customer relationship
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated interest in selling financial products and service with some sales experience
- Ability to be a team player and work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills and ability to tactfully handle difficult customer situations
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other software programs
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or GED