Location: Barnett Branch, Medford, OR
Post Date: June 16, 2020
The Mortgage Underwriter performs a variety of duties that assure efficient processing and underwriting of residential mortgage loans. This position will assist in the daily tasks needed to complete a mortgage loan including compliance and underwriting duties. This position requires superior, professional customer service as well as experienced underwriting skills to be consistently delivered to internal real estate lending and banking staff and outside customers including borrowers, realtors, and title companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures Real Estate Mortgages are closed in compliance with Federal Law, State Law, People’s Bank Policy, and Investor Guidelines.
- Supports the department’s quality standards regarding HMDA and compliance data entry and review.
- Promotes departmental and interdepartmental teamwork.
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional communication support, including responding to customers in person, incoming telephone calls, electronic mail, and voice mail.
- Understands and adheres to the compliance of all federal and state laws and regulations and bank policies, procedures, and standards in your area of responsibility.
- Set up and maintain loan files in accordance with Bank policy and procedures and established guidelines for conventional and Government loans.
- Underwrites mortgage loans in accordance to investor and bank guidelines. Ensures and verifies the integrity of loan documentation including income and financial documentation, credit reports, appraisals, tax returns, title documents, sales contracts, etc.
- Underwrites and approves loans using automated underwriting systems accurately and according to agency/investor requirements.
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines on a daily basis.
- Maintains accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness in performance of assigned duties to minimize errors.
- Knowledge in Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Jumbo and Construction loans with the ability to interpret changes in guidelines and compliance.
- Performs specific special tasks, projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years Underwriting experience preferred.
- Experience processing and underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, Jumbo and Construction Loans.
- Knowledge of computer processes including word processing software, spread sheets (i.e. Word, Excel) and AUS systems including Encompass.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of operating systems and bank internal systems.
- High School diploma.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of attendance
Contact from interested candidates only, please. No contact from recruiter, agencies or consultants. Forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. People’s Bank of Commerce is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V