Location: Willamette Community Bank - Albany, OR
Post Date: June 23, 2021
Join Our Team!
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Personal Mortgage Loan Financing Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement after one year of service
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Must be able to pass a criminal history background check, credit check, and drug screen which includes testing for marijuana.
Performs excellent customer service by providing a broad variety of services including opening new accounts, servicing existing accounts, consumer loans and teller transactions. Promotes all bank products through cross selling and actively supports the development of customer relationships. Contributes to the efficient and effective operations of the Branch while upholding the bank’s core values, core competencies and customer service standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide friendly, courteous, and professional communication support, including responding to incoming telephone calls, electronic mail, and voice mail.
- Open new accounts plus cross sell other products and services to meet the customer’s needs.
- Handles all monetary transactions for customers, (i.e., deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check cashing, misc.)
- Meet Company “Teller Balancing Requirements” to assure accurate cash handling in the service to our customers and minimize time and effort to locate outages.
- Provide products and services education, assistance, research, support, and problem resolution in a timely manner to customers and employees.
- Adhere to the Bank’s CIP, BSA and related security procedures plus all State and Federal regulations to ensure bank compliance in your area of responsibility.
- Uses active listening skills to determine customer needs to sell and cross-sell bank services in the branch and local community by developing rapport with people to establish strong customer relationships.
- Interview’s potential consumers, makes quality loan recommendations or loan decisions based on lending authority, prepare all loan documentation and loan follow-up.
- Consistently make productive use of your time, ask for additional assignments or assist others.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Promptly greet customers in person or by telephone in a friendly and professional manner.
- Answer the telephone by the 3rd ring.
- Maintain proper security of cash drawer, assigned keys and all negotiable items.
- Complete balancing teller cash drawer within a 15-minute time period.
- Adhere to Tel-4 limits plus bank policy and procedures.
- Maintain balancing standard of no more than a maximum of $400.00 in annual rolling cash outages.
- Maintain standard of no more than 6 occurrences per month (each out of balance condition or proof error is considered 1 occurrence).
- Handle all monetary transactions for customers (i.e., deposit, withdrawals, check cashing, etc.).
- Know when to complete a CTR, SAR and monetary instrument reporting plus complete accurately and in a timely manner.
- Obtain all necessary information and proper identification when opening all personal and business accounts.
- Use active listening skills to determine customer’s needs to cross sell additional bank products and services.
- All check orders, ATM cards and Debit cards will be received within 7 – 10 business days from the date of account opening or request by the customer.
- Efficient knowledge and use of all computer software programs such as: Navigator, Fiserv EFT, Equifax, etc. in your area of responsibility.
- Approves Debit Card requests and services debit cardholders. Completes file maintenance, and resolves Regulation E disputes.
- Complete maintenance on existing accounts plus check for accuracy.
- Complete loan applications, compliance forms and disclosures, and other consumer lending tracking documents in an accurate and in a timely manner.
- Discuss Merchant Services with business customers and obtain necessary documentation for merchant quote and/or approval.
- Manage and complete all primary daily duties assigned in a timely manner.
- Consistently arrive to work and return from breaks at scheduled time.
- Daily attendance.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with Deposit Products and Bank services.
- Satisfactory communication (written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Satisfactory interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport with people.
- Ability to work within and foster a team environment.
- Ability to look and project a professional image.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest in selling financial products and service with some sales experience.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of financial products and services with a minimum of one-year experience in new accounts and teller areas.
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and familiarity with Excel plus typewriter and ten-key calculator.
- Successful completion of a high school diploma or GED.
How to apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact the Human Resources department at (541) 494-4368.
Those selected must be able to provide proof of legal right to work in this country. Hiring will be subject to criminal history background check, credit check, drug screen and references.
Contact from interested candidates only, please. No contact from recruiters, agencies, or consultants.
People’s Bank of Commerce is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V